Fri, Aug 26|
Blue Heron Bridge
Kyalami Dive Trip And Blue Heron Bridge Diving Adventure
We're headed to Jupiter, FL for another one of our fantastic group dive trips aboard the Kyalami dive charter. Bring your dive buddy or come meet new ones. We will also be diving one of the best dives in the US, the Blue Heron Bridge. Snorkelers are welcome to join us on the bridge too!
Time & Location
Aug 26, 2022, 7:00 PM – Aug 28, 2022, 7:00 PM
Blue Heron Bridge, Blue Heron Blvd, West Palm Beach, FL 33404, USA
About The Event
We're headed to Jupiter, FL for another one of our fantastic group dive trips on the Kyalami dive boat. Bring your dive buddy or come meet new ones. Snorkelers are welcome to join too since snorkelers can enjoy the beauty of the Blue Heron Bridge snorkeling area.
First, we'll dive the world renowned Blue Heron Bridge at night. This is such an awesome experience for divers of all skill levels! Don't miss this one! Don't worry, it's an easy, comfortable dive and is perfect for first time night divers.
On Saturday, we're going to do a couple of drift dives with Jupiter Scuba Diving on the Kyalami dive boat many of you already have experienced and recommended. The Kyalami Dive boat does drift dives ranging from 70-90ft or more. These dives are more advanced dives. Due to depth of dives the Kyalami Dive Boat limits dives made on air to 30 mins, dives made on nitrox are limted to 50 mins. The Kyalami Dive Boat is recognized for their world-class, valet diving. The Kyalami will comfortably hold 20 divers. They take care of you the moment you arrive at their location. Come with us to be pampered!
On Sunday morning we'll wake up for the morning dive on the Blue Heron Bridge. Now we get to see all the marine life awake! This is a great place to take you time and enjoy the many photo opportunities. The depth range from 4 ft to about 20 ft with typically great visibility.
Space is limited so don't wait! Don't forget the camera either! Nitrox is highly recommended to extend your bottom time on the drift dives.
Register now or call us for details! Sorry, only paid spots can be held due to limited space.
Registration starting June 6, 2022 for Ocean Addicts Dive Club Members
Registration starting June 13, 2022 for Everyone
Cost per Diver
$120 includes Aluminum 80 air tanks for BHB
$130 includes Aluminum 80 nitrox tanks for BHB
$20 - 2 Aluminum 80 air tanks for Kyalami Dive Boat
$30 - 2 Aluminum 80 nitrox tanks for Kyalami Dive Boat
$40 - 2 Steel 100 nitrox tanks for Kyalami Dive Boat
$125- Night Diving and Low Visibility Specialty: Can be completed during this trip. Includes Elearning and class tuition. Both Blue Heron Bridge Dives are required.
$25-$40 - Dive Guide for Blue Heron Bridge Dives
Don't have a buddy or just want someone to do the navigation for you? We will assign you to a dive group with a dive guide to show you around the dive site. $25 per dive or $40 for both Blue Heron Bridge dives. Must be reserved in advance. If you have elected to do a guided dive you must stay with your dive group. Your dive leader will have a dive flag on them for the group. The group enters and exits the water together.
Ocean Addicts Dive Club Offer:
10% off Night Diver and Low Visibility Specialty class held during BHB Night dive
Free glow stick for night dive at BHB
1 week early sign up opportunity
* Cost includes boat dives and 2 tanks for BHB dives. Does not include hotel, tanks for Kyalami, personal equipment, dive weights, tips, food/drinks, taxes. Each diver is required to transport their own gear to each dive location. Be sure you have all required dive equipment, we will not have extras. Minimum age for the Kyalami Dive Boat is 15 years old. This age limit is set by the Kyalami due to the more advanced nature of the dives. Divers of all ages are welcome to join us for the Blue Heron Bridge Dives. Minimum certification level is Open Water Scuba Diver.
**Hunting and lobstering is permitted please tell us when you register if you plan to hunt or lobster while on Kyalami Dive Boat.
Friday August 26th: Blue Heron Bridge Night Dive
7:30 PM arrive at Phil Foster Park - come to the meeting location for your parking pass. We will be unable seek you out to give you the parking pass. Arriving early ensures a better chance of getting parking closer to the entry and exit location.
8:00 PM dive briefing and site orientation
8:20-8:30 PM this is the ideal time to start your dive. planning to start before or after these times is not recommended due to current and visibility.
8:51 PM High Tide
9:20-9:30 PM Plan to end your dive by this time as conditions may deteriorate past this time.
10:00 PM You must leave the dive site and parking lot by this time. If you are parked after 10 PM you may be ticketed.
Saturday August 27th: Kyalami Dive Boat
9:00 AM Check in at Kyalami Dive Boat. Make sure to have all your gear ready to go.
10:00 AM - 2:00 PM Drift dives off the Kyalami Dive Boat. Dives are limited to 30 min for air, 50 min for nitrox. Nitrox is highly recommended.
2:00 PM arrive back on shore. Don't forget to tip the Kyalami Crew.
Saturday August 27th: Group dinner at 6pm - location TBD
Sunday August 28th: Morning Blue Heron Bridge Dive
8:00 AM arrive at Phil Foster Park - come to the meeting point with your dive gear to start planning your dive.
8:30 AM dive breifing and site orientation
9:00-9:10 AM this is the ideal time to start your dive. Planning to start before or after these times is not recommended due to current and visibility
9:42 AM High Tide
10:00-10:10 AM Plan to end your dive by this time as conditions may deteriorate past this time.
10:30 AM Gaspar's Dive Shop Staff will be leaving Phil Foster Park. You are welcome enjoy the rest of the day.
- Mask, snorkel, fins (and boots)
- Dive Computer - The Kyalami Dive Boat requires each diver to have their own dive computer. You will be unable to dive on the Kyalami if you do not have a dive computer of your own. Sharing dive computers is not allowed. There are no exceptions to this.
- Wetsuit – if needed
- Dive Flag – Each buddy team will need a dive flag. There are no exceptions to this. We have dive flags available for rental with a limited supply or for purchase. Please plan ahead.
- Glow sticks - each diver must wear one on their tank for the night dive. One must be attached to the dive flag for the night dive. There are no exceptions to this.
- Dive Light - Each diver on the night dive must have a dive light. There are no exceptions to this.
- Surface Marker Bouy (SMB) - The Kyalami Dive Boat requires each diver to have their own SMB for the dives. You will not be able to dive on the Kyalami without one. Sharing is not permitted. There is no exception to this.
- Reel - for deploying SMB underwater (optional but recommended)
Blue Heron Bridge Dives meet at "Phil Foster Park"
900 Blue Heron Blvd
Riviera Beach FL 33404
Parking can be crowded. Arrive early for best parking opportunities. Check out the map of the Blue Heron Bridge in your event information paperwork when you register. We will be meeting in the red circled area for each Blue Heron Bridge Dive.
Kyalami Dive Boat also known as "Jupiter Scuba Diving":
1111 Love Street
Jupiter FL 33477
The boat is docked in front of Square Grouper Tiki Bar at Castaway Marina. DO NOT LOOK FOR JUPITER DIVE CENTER - THEY ARE NOT THE SAME PLACE.
Night Dive at Blue Heron BridgePhil Foster Park
Kyalami 2-Tank Drift DiveKyalami Dive Charter